Descom’s ability to carry out projects on schedule and on budget is impressive. Furthermore, they know what makes a good online store and how it’s done.
Advantages for hong kong
- First-class e-commerce sales and marketing tools
- Customer-focused adaptive online store with social networks
- Ready-to-use functionality that can be rapidly introduced
- Competitive advantages include high-quality product information and the ability to add new products quickly
- Close cooperation ensures that the store is progressive
- IBM WebSphere Commerce
- Heiler Enterprise Product Information Management
- Coremetrics Analytics and Optimization
- Bazaarvoice Ratings & Reviews
Key Account Manager
+358 408 656 443
We helped open an online fishing store for Hong Kong Department Stores
The online fishing store of Hong Kong Department Stores is Finland’s largest and most diverse outlet for fishing supplies. The selection includes over 10,000 items. The recently opened online store and its “Honkkari Klubi” (“Hong Kong Club”) have rapidly found customers, and business is good.
Despite its widespread operations and visibility, Hong Kong Department Stores had never had an online store, but the need for one was obvious. As a dynamic company, Hong Kong was well aware of the major role that e-commerce would play in the future, especially for selling general merchandise.
The importance of offering multichannel commerce was also clearly understood. “In the future it will be difficult to succeed without a strong online store and a multichannel concept. Many purchasing decisions are already made on the internet,” says Miika Malinen, who was responsible for the strategic and technical implementation of the online fishing store within Hong Kong.
Malinen praises the cooperation between Descom and Hong Kong: “I have worked with Descom already since 2007, and I have learnt to rely on and appreciate their excellent attitude and know-how. It was clear from the start that we wanted to use IBM’s e-commerce solution, and the only serious contender was Descom."